BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 6, 2011

But I Like You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9AAJvQnUTQ (Please humor me and click link before reading) :)

Ok, I realize it's a little strange to play Sesame Street songs on my blog but tonight I think it really has a purpose.......let me explain.......

It has recently come to my attention that many "grown people" need to go back and watch Sesame Street. Now, I don't mean the new fangled one with Elmo, and the Fairy.....(forgot her name) but the old Sesame Street that I grew up with.

Cookie Monster, Grover, Prairie Dawn, Oscar, Big Bird, and Bert and Ernie taught me some pretty valuable lessons that many adults (including myself on occasion) have forgotten.

I mean.....the characters were fallible.......they goofed up! Other characters got angry with them but then a "wise" adult usually showed up, and everyone discussed the conflict.......and Voila! Everyone agreed to disagree and still be friends.

Bert and Ernie are definitely an conundrum....... Bert is.....well.....OCD. Let's face it.....he wanted his world in perfect order. Everything to him should be well kept, cleaned and yes, "lined up"!

Then you have Ernie......He was so carefree you often wondered how he managed to survive. He was never in a hurry, messy, and forgetful....... and yes, adorable!

These two really were the "Odd Couple" for preschoolers. Somehow, no matter how much Ernie annoyed and Bert yelled, they were friends in the end. Nobody had to completely change there personality, nobody talked about the other's faults to everyone.......they co-existed, they cared about each other.......they agreed to disagree!

I don't think God ever meant every person to be a carbon copy of each other. It's in the difference his glory can be seen....... If we are all truly created in his image, then our God must have no limits to His facets! It's a revelation that in our differences we can see and appreciate the infinite power of God.

It is my hopes that by reviewing a little preschool we can learn to accept the differences in each other.......for it is by coexisting in love that we can find true peace in our lives!

0 comments: